Streetlife, the local social network, has a simple aim: to help people across Britain make the most of where they live by connecting with nearby residents, groups, organisations and businesses.
streetlife.com provides an easy way for locals to share practical information, advice, opinions, skills and resources. People sign up using their postcode, and can start and join conversations with neighbours. Users can customise their settings so they control how much information they receive, the areas they’re interested in, and what they share about themselves.
Main uses of the site include:
- discussing nearby news, events, crime and public services
- sharing local information, advice and recommendations
- finding people nearby with common interests, organising social groups and street parties
- swapping and lending skills and belongings with neighbours
- getting deals from local businesses
- campaigning and volunteering for worthy local causes and community action projects
Following a successful pilot in the London Borough of Wandsworth, streetlife.com is now available nationwide, with a focus on unique, user-driven conversations.
streetlife.com is a privately funded limited company headquartered in Covent Garden, London. The service is and always will be free for residents discussing local issues.